No one is immune to a dent or two on their car. And if you're like most people, you presumably take your vehicle to a body shop when the damage becomes too much to ignore. But out of curiosity, have you ever stopped to question yourself about what happens to your car once it enters the denting body shop? What kind of work is done, and how long does it take?
Gosch Collision will answer all those questions and more in this blog post. So, if you've been curious about taking your car in for repairs, read on! We promise you won't be disappointed.
Our Car Denting Process
1. The first thing that our team does when your car arrives at the shop is to assess the damage. We take note of all the dents and dings, both big and small. Once we have a good idea of what needs to be done, we get to work!
2. The next phase is to get rid of any minor damage. This might include fixing small holes or cracks in the bumper or fenders. We'll also buff out any scratches in the paint.
3. After that, we move on to the bigger repairs. This is where we fix any major dents or dings. We'll use various tools to push and pull the metal back into place. Then, we'll sand down the area so that it's smooth.
4. Finally, we'll apply a new coat of paint to the area. We'll match the paint to your car's original color to look good as new!
5. Painting the car after the repairs is the most important step. It shields the metal from rusting and makes your car look its best. Many people think that they can save money by skipping this step, but it's not worth it in the long run.
This whole thing can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the extent of the damage. But don't worry. We'll fix it as quickly as possible to get your car back to you in tip-top shape!
Tips For Car Aftercare After Denting Process
Once your car is all fixed up, you'll want to take good care of it to prevent further damage. Here are a few tips:
1. Wash and wax your car regularly: This will help protect the paint and keep your car looking its best.
2. Be careful when parking: Avoid parking too close to other cars or objects that could potentially damage your car.
3. Drive defensively: This implies being aware of other drivers and road conditions and driving accordingly.
4. Check for rust regularly: If you see any signs of rust, take your car in for repair as soon as possible.
Gosch Collision is here to help.
Here at Gosch Collision, serving Banning, CA, we're dedicated to providing you with the best car repair service. We know exactly how frustrating it can be to have your car damaged. We'll do everything to make the denting and repair process as smooth and painless as possible.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to request an appointment today. We're always happy to help!
Thank you for choosing Gosch Collision!